Sunday 3 August 2014

First Impressions: Bioré One Minute Self-Heating Mask


Price: $7.99 AUD (for a pack of four, individual-use sachets)

Peel-away face masks are one of the greatest things ever. Your face hardens into that weird, glossy mask and you can’t move your mouth. Then you get the pleasure of slowly ripping the dried paste from your visage. Oh man. Anyways, having left my 8 year old face mask tube at my parent’s house, I decided to treat myself to some new ones. After perusing the offers at Priceline, I chose Bioré’s One Minute Self-Heating Mask. Megan sang the praises of charcoal and I really wanted to try one of these ‘self-heating’ products that have been emerging from the depths recently, so this was the best of both worlds.

After cleaning my face with both Maybelline’s Clean Express! Eye Makeup Remover and Garnier’s Micellar Cleansing Water, I splashed my face with water (as water activates the self-heating thingo) and, whilst partially blinded by the water dripping into my eyes, applied the face mask. I had to massage it in to my skin with yet more water to make the product do the heat thing. Well, ultimately, it definitely did self-heat. Unfortunately, as it’s winter here in Australia, the warmth didn’t last long.

Terribly applied face mask. This looks nothing like the lady's on the packet.
Despite this, after massaging for minute, then running away to take a photo, then washing it off, the end result was lovely. My skin was all tingly and felt superbly clean. To finish off, I used Nivea’s Pure & Natural Cleansing Toner to ensure all remnants of face mask were gone (although, writing this now, I’ve just found some hidden in my hairline) and then moisturised with Simple’s Kind To Skin Replenishing Rich Moisturiser.

Although I feel I cannot review this product accurately until I’ve used it more frequently, for this one-off, first impression, this is a well worthwhile face mask. I could feel the difference on my skin and the pleasant tingles continued for a good half an hour. Plus, the self-heating thing is pretty darn cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment